Monday 23 September 2013

Models Own - Velvet Goth Absinthe

I took advantage of the boots buy one get one half price deal last week. I picked three of the Velvet Goth collection and three of the Firework collection. 
Absinthe was the colour I was most looking forward to wearing once it arrived. 

It's a beautiful glittery green, it makes me think of Dorothy from The wizard of Oz' ruby slippers (the sparkle that is, not the colour). The first thing I said to my husband when I was sat applying it was "It's like the emerald city meets dorothys' slippers, if that makes sense?" He gave me a look like I was crazy and carried on watching his cycling programme. Yeah, he's not likely to be interested in my nails or Ruby slippers really is he? :)

I was really impressed by the application. I was expecting to have to layer on lots of coats but I almost got away with just one. It's thick and has a green polish with green fine glitter and bigger glitter pieces mixed in so one coat will be enough if you apply a thick layer. I finished with a clear 2x gloss top coat. 



Models Own polishes are £5 each but are on offer at Boots if you buy one you get one half price. The offer is online and in store. 

Sarah xo



No comments:

Post a Comment